Not sure what is wrong with your device?
Chipheads Computer Repair in the Twin Cities can do a quick remote check-up for you
Chipheads 5 Zone Remote Computer Check-upYou must be able to get on the internet and load a small program to use our Twin Cities remote computer repair services.
- COMPUTER OPERATING SYSTEM HEALTH AND STATUS
- Check Antivirus program for effectiveness / functionality – malfunctioning Antivirus can often prevent other software from working properly
- Check and Note what version of Windows or Mac operating system is installed and recommend any updates
- Check and note status of Operating system update software… are security patches being installed automatically as they should be?
- Check versions of other critical software, Flash, etc. Are they up to date and secure?
- Check for up to date Browsers
- Check and note CPU type and speed
- Check and Note RAM Memory usage and the amount of physical memory
- Check and Note Hard Drive sizes and the amount of available free space
- MALWARE AND VIRUS DAMAGE DETECTION
- Check the Program lists for programs that load malware or viruses
- Check Plugins in browsers or Home page re-director for Malware and Virus activity
- Check Root of the Hard Drive for Malware and Virus activity
- Check App Data Folders for Malware and Virus activity
- COMPUTER HARDWARE HEALTH
- Check Crystal Viewer for Hard Drive SMART Errors that indicate potential hard drive failure
- Check Event Viewer for evidence of crashing or blue screens
- DATA AND IMPORTANT FILE SECURITY
- Check for vulnerable data (files, music , pictures) stored on the computer that may be at risk from on-line vandalism or crypto viruses
- Check for the presence of on-line backup solutions or attached local backup storage and that any scheduled backups are running
- NETWORK SPEED AND SECURITY
- Check and note internet speed and latency
- Check router login for default password
- Check Wireless network for default or easy to crack passwords
- Interested in scheduling your remote computer checkup in Twin Cities, Minnesota? Contact Chipheads Computer Repair today, we would be happy to help with any of your computer needs.
Chipheads is awesome! Considering myself pretty tech savvy I was reluctant to take my corrupt Compact Flash to a professional. After personally running my card through three different recovery softwares I had nothing. I decided to give CH a try with the insurance that if they weren’t about to recover the data I needed I wouldn’t pay. A week later I have all 5GB of lost photo data and happy customers. Very friendly knowledgeable service. God-forbid another data failure but just in case – I’m going with Chipheads.
I highly recommend Chipheads.
The staff at Chipheads did what I asked for and more!
These guys were fast, professional and knowledgeable.