Have you been putting off upgrading your device to Windows 10? Not sure if it is right for you? Wondering what the benefits of Windows 10 are? Not exactly sure how to upgrade your computer yourself? Today, Chipheads Computer Repair in Richfield, Minnesota is discussing how to upgrade to Windows 10 yourself, what end of Windows 7 support means and a few benefits of upgrading. Have questions about Windows 10? Not sure how to upgrade yourself? Think you may need computer repairs? Contact Chipheads Computer Repair for any of your needs, we would be more than happy to assist you.
End of Windows 7 Support
In January of 2020, Microsoft ended support of Windows 7, meaning no more updates and high risk of malware infections and security breaches. Making the operating system basically obsolete for those using it who want to stay protected.
Upgrading to Windows 10
- Click on the Start Menu on the bottom left hand part of your screen.
- Click the Gear icon (Settings).
- Select Update & Security.
- Select Windows Update
- Click Check for Updates.
If Windows 10 is available for your device, it should prompt you to upgrade.
Benefits of Windows 10
- Windows 10 is faster.
- Better internet browsing.
- Windows 10 is safer and more secure.
- The game bar has very nice features such as screenshots and screen recording.
- Windows 10 comes with OneNote, allowing you to backup to the cloud.
- Voice typing is built-in.
Contact Our Richfield Computer Repair Shop
Having trouble upgrading to Windows 10? Think you may need the assistance of a professional? Our computer repair shop in Richfield would be more than happy to help. Simply contact us and we’ll get you added to our schedule for an appointment.